Wednesday 18 February 2015

Do Judge a book by it's cover


It's the age old saying: 'Don't judge a book by it's cover!'

Many of us have tried to keep to this phrase but inevitably- failed. And why? Because it is human nature to judge (books and people) and although I would love to live in an idealistic world where everyone just gets by without judgement; that is never going to happen.

Heck, I bet you even judged the title of this blog post!

Often, part of my process for deciding if I want to buy a book is thinking about how good it will look on my shelf in my room. Obviously, this isn't the most important factor when buying books but it definitely runs through my head.

There is just something about the aesthetics of a book cover, that even if you take ages to get around to actually reading it, you can look at it and smile because It looks so damn good!



This, ultimately, is why ugly book covers are such a turn off. I don't look at that book cover and get excited to read it. In fact, I feel sorry for the story- that it has been wrapped in such a gross cover.

You can only imagine then, why, I picked up two new books yesterday...

Not only do I want to read them, they have such beautiful covers AND match the style of a book I already have at home. Plus, they were incredibly cheap (HomeSense, I love you.)

Ultimate goal: to have all the classics in this style.



It's a win-win.

What about you? Do you find yourself only buying pretty books or, do you completely suppress this urge and follow, 'don't judge a book buy it's cover' to a T?

Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment