Friday 2 January 2015

Alexa Chung- It



I was lent this book on the premise that I read it I would fall in love with her. And I did.


If I am completely honest, I had heard of Alexa Chung in the past, for a start she's all over Tumblr- but I'd never really idolised her in any way or thought of her as a particular fashion icon. Until I read this book.

This girl finds fashion inspiration everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE. Each page or so introduces a different one of her fashion icons, usually paired with an interesting and unique story. Put this along side her quips of wisdom and great photography and you have got a truly awe-inspiring book.


Pictured above are some of my faveourite photo bits and bobs.

I particularly liked how down to earth she appears, starting modelling at the age of 16 is no easy feat. That, and the fact she has dated the likes of Alex Turner and many other lead singers, if anyone- she has the right to brag. But no, she just delivers a great book with countless fashion advice and good humour.


The one downfall of this book is that it wasn't long enough! It only took me around 1 and a half hours to finish and I would have loved to read on. Of course, there is only so much that can be written without it becoming tiresome but Alexa Chung definitely quit while she was ahead- I would have loved another 200ish pages. However, this book is great for those short train journeys or just to dip into now and then to feel inspired.

Overall, this book is a must have for all fashion and beauty lovers. I am ever so sad to have to return it to it's rightful owner but will no doubt be purchasing a copy for myself.

Alexa Chung- can I be you please?

Have you read this? What did you think?

Abbie
x

p.s I would love to do some in depth book reviews this year, what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment