Saturday 13 September 2014

Hands down the busiest summer to exist (ever)

7am starts are never a welcome sight, especially when they mean starting a routine that will finish when you have finished exams and closed another chapter in your life. In short, I have a hell of a busy -but exciting- time ahead of me. And, through it all, when I feel like curling up and screaming about how much coursework I have to complete or how I only have 2 days until a science exam and 3/4's of a topic to revise in that time- I can think back to my amazing summer and how things can only get better once exams are over.

Without further ado, here is a whistle-stop tour of my summer.


I visited a family-friend's farmhouse in somerset, one of my closest friends and I stayed in an adjacent cottage to the farm house and got up to all sorts: building dens, exploring Glastonbury and wells, midnight walks and generally just goofing around.









We stayed for 5 days but, If I am quite honest, I could have stayed there all summer.


I met up with friends, attempted to go for a run that ended up a walk, fell over rollerskating and soaked up the summer sun before packing for my first long-haul flight to the Caribbean island of Barbados!


We managed to get through Gatwick super fast (considering our flight was at 9am) and struggle through a 9 hour flight to walk off the plane into a super hot paradise.



'Ceasaur'
Pictured above is our resident monkey, who often spied on us from the bushes looking over the pool.

Unsurprisingly, Barbados wasn't short of things to do. We stayed in Holetown, around 5 minutes from the celebrity-ridden Sandy Lane and although many things seemed overpriced, you definitely didn't miss out on quality.

I have hundreds of photos from my summer and I will most probably end up sharing many more in future blog posts and sharing more Barbados anecdotes.

What did you get up to in your summer?

Abbie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment