Wednesday 2 July 2014

Veterinary stepping stones #3

After a full day, I am completely-excuse the pun- dog tired. If I'm completely honest, I don't really know why as today was really quiet in comparison to the other days. Quiet days often lead to more cleaning and this was definitely the case today, not to worry, it needs to be done after all. Here's some of the things I got up to today.

  •  I viewed my first pregnancy scan, unfortunately it was a false alarm, as it would have been great to see an ultrasound properly for the first time round.
  • I also viewed my first major scope of a large (practically wolf sized) dog. For those who don't know what that is it is when you send a camera down the throat of the animal, to check for different things. Today we were checking the stomach and intestine and it turns out the dog had swallowed multiple sponges!
  • A beautiful Rag Doll cat had to have a heart scan and X-ray, it seemed almost sad shaving a tiny bit of her fur off for the heart scan, her coat really was lovely.
  • We dealt with an extremely feisty Westie, who just did not want an injection. She was practically using her owner as a climbing frame!
  • I also got the great news that our car accident victim was sent home! Hopefully he will continue to recover well.
Those were just some of the points of interest, like I said, today was pretty quiet. In other news, my hands have completely dried out- due to excessive washing. A perfect excuse to go out and buy top of the range hand cream, me thinks.

Abbie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment