Monday 7 July 2014

Veterinary Stepping Stones #6

Today was the first day of my second placement, my hours for this one are a lot less so I hope I still can experience as much as my last placement. I worked out that last week I did around 45 hours give or take a bit, no wonder I felt so tired. This placement is much more relaxed, as the practice is no where near as busy. This has its ups and its downfalls, There is less to experience each day but I get much more time to just chat to the vets and get to know what the job is really like. Here are a few things that happened today:


  • A gorgeous Newfoundland puppy came in about a small lump that was on his leg, causing him to limp around the place. He had bundles of energy, despite the hopping!
  • An extremely aggressive cat needed an ultrasound, even under the circumstances, the vets and nurses remained professional and got the job done quickly to cause minimal stress to the poor animal.
  • An elderly client was telling the story of  how when they rescued their little Westie, they were told he had 3 months to live, 6 years later and he's still going strong!
Of course, there were many more clients through the door, but it is hard to recall the fleeting cases. Until tomorrow,
Abbie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment