Tuesday 1 July 2014

Veterinary stepping stones #2

As i'll be at work experience every day from this week to next, huge blog posts about everything that has happened in that day -and in a busy veterinary practice that is A LOT- would become some what tiresome. So I am going to start making bullet point lists about the more memorable cases of the day.

  • The car accident victim I was speaking about yesterday took his first steps since the accident this morning, aided by a lead and a drip. It is moments like these that make me remember the reason why I want to go into veterinary medicine in the first place.
  • Our first patient(s) of the day were three adorable Bengal kittens, these lovelies were quite a noisy bunch!
  • The Bengal kittens were swiftly followed by one growing andrex puppy in need of vaccinations.
  • I witnessed for the first time the removal of an ulcer from a rabbit, I will spare you the gory details, but it wasn't pretty!
  • One of the more memorable patients for me was a small toy poodle. With the barking coming from the kennels, you wouldn't think he was small! I often went in there just to find that he wanted a stroke.
  • On the other end of the spectrum was a huge Labrador that came bounding into the room, he just wanted to be loved by everyone and reminded me very much of the talking dog from UP.
Until tomorrow,
Abbie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment